Sunday, May 07, 2021

Just when I was ready to give up on it, last week’s Guess That Song post got rapid-fire action.

Damn. That means I’ve got to do another one. And with a theme, yet. Smacks of work.

But hey, anything for fun. So in that spirit, let me link this week’s edition with something I’ve been acutely aware of while walking the streets of New York: Women’s backsides.

To put it bluntly, a lot of women here have too much junk in the trunk. Not all, but a lot. Maybe it’s fallout from the recent end of winter.

Personally, a fully-fleshed-out bootay doesn’t do it. But that shouldn’t prevent a celebration of the female posterior in song. And there have been more than a few such dedications.

So, below are five sets of lyrics from songs about girls’ butts. You know you know at least one or two of them by heart; the question is, are you brave enough to admit it, and get your linkback to signify it? I’m betting that you are.

1. Queen, “Fat Bottomed Girls” [David]
Left alone with big fat Fanny, she was such a naughty nanny.

2. Spinal Tap, “Big Bottom” [Joel]
My love gun’s loaded and she’s in my sights, big game’s waiting there inside her tights.

3. Sir Mix-A-Lot, “Baby Got Back” [Thud]
I ain’t talkin’ ’bout Playboy, ’cause silicone parts are made for toys.

4. I kicked the bass like an NFL punter, and scoped the booty like a big game hunter.

5. EU, “Da Butt” [Chuck, RL]
When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion.

by Costa Tsiokos, Sun 05/07/2021 11:33pm
Category: Pop Culture, Question Time!, Women

1. #1 is “Fat Bottom Girls” by Queen! #5 is on the tip of my cursor/mouse/tongue…but I can’t place it.

Comment by david — 05/08/2021 @ 7:34 AM

2. I’m reasonably certain that #3 is “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix-A-Lot. If it’s not, then where the hell is that song in this list? ;-)

Comment by Thud — 05/08/2021 @ 10:26 AM

3. #5 is “Doin’ the Butt” (or whatever), by… Morris Day and the Time (or whatever).

“aww, sexy sexy.”

Comment by RL — 05/08/2021 @ 10:26 AM

4. David: You’re all over it! Admit it, you knew that from the recent “American Idol” butcherings of that tune, didn’t you? ;)

Thud: Oh, you knew very well that Mr. A-Lot’s song was it. I can’t imagine concocting a list like this without that seminal anthem.

RL: You get half-credit — it is “Doin’ Da Butt”. It’s not Morris Day and the Time, though. I may go ahead and give it to you anyway, as the artist is an obscure one-off.

I’m anxiously awaiting responses on Nos. 2 and 4 (especially #2).

Comment by CT — 05/08/2021 @ 11:05 AM

5. I’m rather surprised #2 is still there - Big Bottom by Spinal Tap

Comment by Joel — 05/08/2021 @ 3:05 PM

6. Ah, I feel validated. My second-favorite Tap song. Number One would be the Curling jingle they “wrote” for a “This is SportsCenter” promo spot, many moons ago (“Cur-ling, cur-ling / Let’s all go bloody cur-ur-ling / On E-S-P-N!”)

Down to two (or one-and-a-half). No. 4 is in my regular iPod random rotation, yo.

Comment by CT — 05/08/2021 @ 8:49 PM

7. #5 is “Da Butt” by EU
    Boy is that a blast from the past!!

Comment by Chuck — 05/10/2021 @ 12:41 PM

8. It certainly is, from one of Spike Lee’s earliest joints.

Only one lyric left standing in this ass-tastic edition! Somebody bring it home!

Comment by CT — 05/10/2021 @ 1:03 PM

9. GUESS THAT SONG, PART 5: JUNKIES

I took an extended break from the Guess That Song kick: The last edition was a month ago. And that one came and went with one lyric unanswered. So, for the sake of completeness:
    4. I kicked the bass like an NFL punter, and scoped the booty like a big…

Trackback by Population Statistic — 06/06/2021 @ 11:56 PM

Say something!

Comment moderation might kick in, so please do not hit the "Say It!" button more than once.