Thursday, September 22, 2021

Once again, I’ve added a new mp3 ringtone to my phone. And this time, it ain’t a TV theme song.

But instead of revealing it outright, I’m going to let you guess. I’ll be interested in seeing what some of you assume I’d choose.

Here are the candidates. No tricks — one of the following is indeed gracing my cellphone ringer:

a) KC and the Sunshine Band - “That’s The Way (I Like It)”

b) The Go-Go’s - “Vacation”

c) Public Enemy - “Louder Than A Bomb”

d) Sleater-Kinney - “Oh!”

You’ve got until, oh… Saturday at noon (Eastern time) to leave a comment with your guess. Go to it!

by Costa Tsiokos, Thu 09/22/2005 10:54:35 PM
Category: Question Time!, Tech

1. D, I hope, for your sake.

But, then, my phone plays the theme to “Baseball Tonight.” And my phone is pre-ringtone days, I actually had to program it in myself on a music staff and everything. Yeah, my phone is four years old, bite me. It works.

Comment by tim — 09/22/2005 @ 11:23:09 PM

2. Four years old? Does it work via rotary dial??

Actually, I share a fondness for antiquated tech: My iPod is 4 years old, and looks like a hand-cranked phonograph next to that shiny iPod Nano. I am about to get rid of it, but only because it’s slowly falling apart.

Comment by CT — 09/22/2005 @ 11:27:24 PM

3. Gotta vote for A - KC & The Sunshine Band.

Comment by david — 09/23/2005 @ 12:56:20 AM

4. Costa,
    Just for the record, I recently put a Jack Johnson song on my phone. I’m choosing A only because that kind of ring would cause you and everyone around you to break out into dance when it rings!! Maybe thats not such a good thing……..rhythm issues and all. Always enjoy your site though!!
    Have Fun!

Comment by Chuck — 09/23/2005 @ 08:29:03 AM

5. I bet it’s the go-go’s

Comment by tommy — 09/23/2005 @ 09:09:11 AM

6. C - and now that you say it, I’m going to Xingtone that badboy up for my phone as soon as I get home from work. Talk about a song that ends abruptly.

Comment by Tom — 09/23/2005 @ 09:43:07 AM

7. RINGTONE GUESSED: THAT’S THE WAY, UH-HUH

Time’s up, y’all. The answer to the “Guess My Ringtone” post is:
    a) KC and the Sunshine Band - “That’s The Way (I Like It)”
    What can I say, I’m a sucker for the classics. Congrats to David and Chuck fo…

Trackback by Population Statistic — 09/24/2005 @ 12:48:20 PM