Monday, August 01, 2021

poppin' fresh
We’ve all seen it: Women walking around in hip-hugger pants, determined to show off that midriff… But exposing generous amounts of flabby gut and love-handle flesh instead.

There is a name for this unsightliness: Muffin top. And the problem is on display everywhere, even on the entertainment beat:

Christina Aguilera is a reformed muffin topper, often spotted onstage during her wild-child period in a pair of badly fitting pants accessorized with an ample tummy roll. Kelly Clarkson is also a repeat offender. “Especially when Kelly first won ‘American Idol,’ the muffin top was the one thing that was common in everything she wore - nothing fit right.” And her tummy can still be seen rising over the pants she’s poured herself into on tour this month…

But those who follow every fashion rule and still suffer from a little tummy crust needn’t worry - it does have one tasty benefit, according to [Shop Etc's fashion editor Kate] Dimmock. “Men seem to like it,” she says. “My husband likes to grab my muffin top and give it a little squeeze.”

Well, not all men like it… A little over-the-top is okay, especially if it really is solely the result of too-tight low-riders or tops. But when it’s obviously rolls of fat, it’s time to pull the plug

And personally, I’ve seen extreme cases where so much overhang occurs that “muffin top” doesn’t do it justice. It’s more like “kangaroo pouch”…

by Costa Tsiokos, Mon 08/01/2021 09:21pm
Category: Fashion, Women

1. *barf* I am SO sick of seeing women dressed in this manner.

Comment by david — 08/01/2021 @ 10:24 PM

2. “muffin top”…. that’s hysterical.

Comment by Hunk Oman — 08/02/2021 @ 2:01 PM

3. I am so sick of people making excuses for beng fat. “My husband like to grab . . .” Does it occur to this dumb-ass that her husband likes HER, rather than her stupid fat? There are plenty of squeezable girl parts without spilling out like the Pillsbury doughb*tch.

This may be because I was in the CVS a few minutes ago and noticed that I was the ONLY person in the WHOLE STORE who could walk past another person without taking up the entire d*mn aisle or forcing the other person to turn sideways.

It’s gross.

Comment by r* — 08/02/2021 @ 2:37 PM

4. PapaCool notes that muffin-tops used to be called “love handles.”

Comment by PapaCool — 08/03/2021 @ 5:07 PM

5. That girl in the pic is awesome

Comment by diib — 04/12/2021 @ 7:32 AM

6. I wish the gal in the picture was my girl…muffin top and all

Comment by joe — 05/15/2006 @ 10:28 AM

7. There’s nothing sexier than a woman’s bare belly rolling over her jeans…especially when she has an enormously deep navel!!! Women look absolutely sexy when they have plump bellies.

Comment by J — 10/03/2021 @ 8:38 PM

8. I agree with Joe. When a women’s flabby little gut is protruding an inch or two over her jeans, exposing the big deep bellybutton and soft gut jello, there is nothing hotter. I love watching a girl, who is skinny everywhere but in the middle, watching her jiggle and when she sits down watching her belly form 2 or 3 rolls hanging over, beautiful

Comment by Jason — 05/01/2021 @ 3:42 AM

9. I love muffin top. I wish more women would be proud to show theirs off. It to many people, very sexy. Sorry that you are missing out.

Comment by BBI — 11/13/2008 @ 4:50 PM

Say something!

Comment moderation might kick in, so please do not hit the "Say It!" button more than once.