Monday, August 01, 2021

While milling about during my lunch hour today, four police cars in a row zoomed past me. If the paint jobs on them could be believed, they were representing, in order:

- Clearwater Police Department

- Hialeah Police Department

- Citrus County Sheriff’s Office

- Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office

The funny thing? I was in downtown St. Petersburg. Meaning that not one of those four cars had any jurisdiction in the particular area they were traversing. In the case of Hialeah, they were way out of their neighborhood — about a couple hundred miles.

I’m guessing there was some sort of law enforcement conference in town. It couldn’t have anything to do with me putting the “Hawaii Five-O” theme song on my cellphone, and making it my new ringtone.

Yes, that means I’ve replaced my cherished “Jeffersons” ringtone. But it was time for a change. Besides, I can always switch back and forth between the two.

- Costa Tsiokos, Mon 08/01/2021 04:31:03 PM
Category: TV, Tech | Permalink |

1. and I thought I was bad… showing my uber-geekiness and trekkie nature with my star trek: the next generation ringtone… w00t!

Comment by Dave — 08/01/2021 @ 11:33:49 PM

2. Hey man, there’s nothing geeky about the Hawaii Five-O theme… It’s totally retro-cool. That steel-drum opening kicks ass!

Comment by CT — 08/02/2021 @ 08:54:51 AM

3. My 4 yr old (Hunk, Jr.) was running around the house last week humming the “Bewitched” theme. I was amazed, yet perplexed. I asked him where he had learned this (on TV, at school, from his sister, etc) but he did not know… A few days later Mrs. Hunk’s cell rang and I found out where he had heard it.

Comment by Hunk Oman — 08/02/2021 @ 02:07:41 PM

4. Let’s just hope it doesn’t lead Junior down the path of witchcraft and Devil worship; I hear that’s why Marilyn Manson turned out the way he did…

I hope Mrs. Hunk isn’t paying for that rad ringtone. I add mine to my phone free o’ charge, and in full MP3 format — so it’s for-real music, not some tinny polyphonic crap.

Comment by CT — 08/03/2021 @ 08:40:20 AM

5. GUESS MY RINGTONE

Once again, I’ve added a new mp3 ringtone to my phone. And this time, it ain’t a TV theme song.
    But instead of revealing it outright, I’m going to let you guess. I’ll be interested in seeing what some of you assume I’d c…

Trackback by Population Statistic — 09/22/2005 @ 10:54:48 PM

6. I’m in St Pete and I have been dying to use Hawaii Five-O as my ringtone and I can’t figure out how. Guess I’m not much for electronics!
    Great story!

Comment by Julie — 10/02/2021 @ 07:43:08 PM

7. I’m sure you can probably find it for sale somewhere, depending on your wireless provider. Or you can do what I did: Load it onto your phone via a data cable and BitPim.

Comment by CT — 10/02/2021 @ 10:05:30 PM