Monday, January 03, 2021

Four British universities have released a study stating that women with higher IQs tend to have trouble getting hitched, the opposite condition of comparably-gifted men.

I’ve always suspected that the girls who would deign to go out with me had at least a little streak of stupid in them — of the charming kind, of course. Not that I’m talking marriage or anything.

Does this point to an endurance of the old-fashioned preference for men to have a woman who’s at least outwardly less intelligent, and thus subservient? The male ego is notoriously fragile, and nowhere more so than in the measurement of wits. If a girl is smarter than you, then what does she need you for?

by Costa Tsiokos, Mon 01/03/2021 09:22pm
Category: Society, Women
| Permalink |

7 Feedbacks
  1. Historically, I have to assume that she doesn’t need me anyway, regardless of her reported IQ.

Comment by CGHill — 01/03/2021 @ 10:05 PM

2. So many fabulously obvious ways to respond to the final question in this post, but I wouldn’t want a redress at the next Secret Girl’s Meeting. (And, no, I’m not thinking of your paycheck.)

Comment by r* — 01/04/2021 @ 10:24 AM

3. That’s a relief; it means I can hold onto my just-acquired raise.

And hey, I’m setting up the straighties; it’s up to you to provide the punchlines.

Comment by CT — 01/04/2021 @ 11:15 AM

4. Well, hopefully because you’ve got a good sense of humor and can make us laugh.

Comment by frstlymil — 01/04/2021 @ 6:40 PM

5. No problemo there…

Comment by CT — 01/04/2021 @ 9:20 PM

6. ?if a girl is smarter than you, what does she need you for?” Probably nothing. But really the idea is to get a “girl” with a little maturity on her, and some life experiences. Also a “girl” who is just about your equal in intelligence. Said “girl” would probably find you attractive for your A. humor B. Validation of her C. Interesting way of talking about everything in general. and D. hormones. Yes, I said hormones. There is research into the idea that females need males for their testosterone and males need females for estrogen. The puzzle pieces fit together quite nicely that way. Hope this is informative for all you males who think you have nothing to offer a sweet, wonderful, intelligent, good looking woman.

Comment by karen — 01/10/2021 @ 3:55 PM

7. Hmm… Curious about how that estrogen-testosterone exchange is achieved…

For the record, I use the term “girl” in the most benevolent way possible.

Comment by CT — 01/10/2021 @ 7:06 PM

Say something!

Comment form closed to reduce comment-spam opportunities.